Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ye - Storytellers



"More than a artist, I'm a real person. And, real people grow... and I just wanted to sing my growth."
-Ye'

The live strings on this track always get me. Watching this make think about how lucky I was to have seen the Glow in the Dark Tour. It was a tour that will go down in history as one of the best shows of my generation.


That statement pretty much summed up what he was trying to accomplish with 808s perfectly (and all his albums really). Unlike most rappers, and artist in general, he realizes the importance of evolution. Continually trying to reinvent one's self while stiling trying to push the envolope of an entire genre and still trying to maintain ones identity, has to be the hardest thing for an artist to do. Although the outcomes from the process might not be widely accepted, but from artist to another, he should atleast deserve your respect undoubtly.

No comments: