Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Marketing at it's best



As part of Gap’s recent “Vote for” launch, a campaign that provides a platform for Americans to express their passions, opinions and ideas this election year, Gap has teamed up with musician Matt White to write and produce “Songs Of Freedom.” The unique song is about the power and importance of self expression and recognizing those who came before us.
From Oct. 24 through Nov. 4, Gap’s New York City concept store, next to its flagship store at 54th & 5th Ave, will give Americans a chance to express themselves in a voting booth of a different kind. Visitors to the store can purchase and create their own personalized “Vote for” t-shirt with Gap’s whimsical t-shirt generator. After casting their vote on how to fill in the blank including color choice, font and “campaign theme song,” guests can watch as their blank “Vote for” t-shirt enters the generator and undergoes a self-expression makeover by a series of robots with their campaign theme song blasting in the background.
Additionally, “Vote for” t-shirts inspired by the thought leaders and celebrities featured on gap.com/votefor, including Bill Maher, Norman Lear, Cameron Sinclair, Perez Hilton, Mark Cuban, Olivia Munn, Kristen Bell, The Cool Kids, John Picard and Minka Kelly will be on display.
Such a simple idea, but brilliant. bet they're gonna sell bunch of these. If I was political I'd buy one. They still got me though, the PRODUCT RED stuff had me convinced I was saving the world. And I was sorta I guess. I'm a sucker for good causes.

No comments: