Monday, December 29, 2008

THIS WEEKS: DOPE POETRY

Black Ice

This is probably my favorite spoken word poem of ALL TIME. Some of the words might not make sense in the context of which he says them, unless you know where he's coming from. Growing up in inner city Detroit for alittle less than half of my life now, I can really relate to what he's saying. I would make this mandatory for all Black males ages 16-25 to watch this if I could. Even if you don't fully get he's saying the passion that he has as he performs his poem is incredible. I find it to be very inspiring everytime I watch it, and I've this video probably over 12 times. Thought this would a good way to end this years Dope Poetry posts.

*SPECIAL BONUS VID*
Talib Kweli - "Hell"

"Those who Lookin' for god know to go inside...."
Just because I missed posting last week.

*Finger Snapping*
Enjoy




No comments: