Thursday, January 1, 2009

2010 Ford GT500 COBRA









Never really been much of a domestic automaker fan but this is an exception to the rule. I've loved cobras since I got into cars. To me it symbolizes American Car Culture at it's finest but it same represents some of the best design, engineering, and ingenuity this country has to offer.

This new iteration of the cobra pushes the output from 500 hp at 6,000 rpm to 540 hp at 6,200 rpm. Twisting force also goes from 480 lb-ft at 4,500 rpm to 510 lb-ft at the same peak speed. All that torque flows from the Tremec 6-speed gearbox through a limited slip differential with a 3.55:1 final drive ratio. The forged alloys on the coupe are wrapped in Goodyear F1 Supercar rubber sized 255/40R19 front and 285/25R19 rear. I believe the engine block is the same as the last model which mean this will be HEAVIEST Mustang in production. It's still on my dream car buy list nontheless.

No comments: