Saturday, February 21, 2009

THIS WEEKS: MUSIC ON REPEAT


So Jazz has pretty much consumed my life over the past week along with midterms. I watched an interview with Q-tip on Tavis and he mentioned this album as the inspiration behind the production of A Tribe Called Quest's beats. So I decided to check it out. It's nothing short of a brillant work of art. What more could one expect from an albm with such a badass album title? Miles was definetely the defintion of cool of his time. I can see why this was considered to be a revolutionary album for it's time. It's a perfect of fusion of jazz with really prominant rock undertones. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to expand their musical prowess.








^^ I saw them perform a lolla a couple years back and knew the name, but not ther music. But the show was very solid. So a good friend of mine gave me this album this album a couple months back. Because I was wondering what all the hubub was about with this band was about. I listened to this album all the way through once and nothing seemed to capture my interest, so i never listened to again..... till now. It's finally clicked. The songs feel very uplifting with long almost whimsical choruses. Now that I'm not completely ignorant to their music I'll definetely have to see them again.



^^^ The album that made a big fan of these guys. The first track sets the tone for what is a beautifully dark album. The production of this album is outstanding. I just wish it translated better in their live performance when i saw them at Lolla in 07' i was sooooo pumped for their performance but left early and unsatisfied (so i caught the end half of muse). But every deserves a second chance... especially from band that makes such great music.

No comments: